Call for Proposals
The eighth data2day conference is to be held on October 28th, 2021.
The event will focus on the whole range of topics associated with Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning. It aims to present fundamental knowledge as well as experiences from practical work and informs about the most important theories, tools, and technologies.
Three partners in the field of computing/IT have teamed up to host the conference: heise Developer,
the online channel for software development; dpunkt.verlag, publisher of reference books for the professional computing scene; and iX, the magazine for professional information technology. The hosts invite you to submit your proposals on one or more of the following topics by
August 2, 2021:
- Data Warehouse – Data Lake – Data Mesh
- How to implement a optimized architecture?
- Apache Hadoop, Spark and new concepts
- Blueprints for Big Data architectures
- On-Premises vs Cloud – or both?
- Databases: NoSQL, NewSQL, In-Memory etc.
- Organisational Concepts for using Big Data and Data Science
- How to break up data silos in the enterprise
Data Engineering + Data Science
- From Data management to visualization
- Data Ingestion
- Data Modelling
- ETL vs ELT
- Streaming Data
- Data Pipelines and DataOps
- Meta Data Management
- Data Quality: correct, true and reliable Data
- Test tools and frameworks for Data Pipelines
- Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Image and Speech Recognition
- Predictive Analytics
- Knowledge acquisition, representation, networks
- Connecting to Big Data systems such as Apache Spark
- ML libraries and frameworks such as TensorFlow, Theano, Scikit-learn or Caffe
Organisation and Processes
- Data-driven Company
- Managing Data Teams
- Connecting Business and Data Experts in the enterprise
- New positions: Chief Product Officer? Chief Data Officer? Chief Analytics Officer?
- Data-driven product development
- Ongoing and completed projects that have implemented Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning and similar approaches
- Migrating classic data warehouse and business intelligence projects to newer concepts
- Use cases that have led to measurable improvements in business through data analysis
- Engaging Data Science Teamwork in the enterprise
- Use of Tools for modern data-centered applications (presented in the context of specific areas of application and usage scenarios)
- Interaction and integration of different tools
The emphasis will be on hands-on introductions, conceptual decisions, live demos, or comparison of different techniques. Presentations that are based solely on promoting a product will not be allowed.
Please indicate your preference for a regular presentation lasting up to 45 minutes or for a long session of up to 75 minutes. Tutorials have been scheduled for full days (6-7 hours). Please send a target-group-specific abstract (400–700 characters) of your proposed presentation. Supplementary materials (long abstracts, slides, Proposals, etc.) are also welcome.
The deadline for submissions is Aug 2nd, 2021. The complete schedule will be available online by mid August.
Find the members of the conference board here.
Please feel free to contact us with questions regarding the conference or schedule of events
Please use the online form.